I received this book for free from the Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Amazing Grace by Kim Nash
on 10th April 2019
Published by Hera Books Genres: Romantic Comedy
She’s taking her life back, one step at a time…
Grace thought she had it all. Living in the beautiful village of Little Ollington, along with head teacher husband Mark and gorgeous son, Archie, she devoted herself to being the perfect mum and the perfect wife, her little family giving her everything she ever wanted.
Until that fateful day when she walked in on Mark kissing his secretary - and her perfect life fell apart.
Now she's a single mum to Archie, trying to find her way in life and keep things together for his sake. Saturday nights consist of a Chinese takeaway eaten in front of the TV clad in greying pyjamas, and she can’t remember the last time she had a kiss from anyone aside from her dog, Becks…
Grace’s life needs a shake up – fast. So when gorgeous gardener Vinnie turns up on her doorstep, his twinkling eyes suggesting that he might be interested in more than just her conifers, she might just have found the answer to her prayers. But as Grace falls deeper for Vinnie, ten-year-old Archie fears that his mum finding love means she’ll never reconcile with the dad he loves.
So when ex-husband Mark begs her for another chance, telling her he’s changed from the man that broke her heart, Grace finds herself with an impossible dilemma. Should she take back Mark and reunite the family that Archie loves? Or risk it all for a new chance of happiness?
A funny, feel good romance about finding your own path and changing your life for the better – readers of Cathy Bramley, Jill Mansell and Josie Silver will love this uplifting read.
Here is my book review thoughts on Amazing Grace By Kim Nash.
A beautiful stunning cover for a beautiful heartwarming,romantic comedy.
Grace thought she had everything, she ever wanted, a family unit. But this was far from the truth, she was stuck in an unhappy marriage for the sake of her son, Archie. She wanted what her parents had for Archie. But, Unfortunately after giving her husband another chance, she found him cheating on her with his secretary again. She walked out on her husband and divorced him. Her and Archie moved into a beautiful home and adopted her dog called Becks. . She lost her away and who she was in her unhappy marriage. Her best friend helps her find her way back to herself with a make over, new clothes, new hair do and wearing make up, and helping her fall in love with herself again. Then Vinnie knocked on her door. This is where Graces life changes and Graces story starts.
This book touches on the very real subject of grief and it has been very well articulated and absolutely spot on, Kim has very cleverly made every emotion that Grace feels,make you feel it all too. I still have my mum, but I felt like I have lost Graces mum through the book. It is especially thought-provoking and makes you feel very blessed to still have a mum around, I know I would be completely and utterly lost with out my mum, my rock, my best friend and my everything.
It will make you happy, a blubbery mess including many happy tears too, laugh out loud moments, a total ride on the emotional roller coaster.
Grace is an absolutely lovable person and to watch her grow with each page was delightful and makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. She is a wonderful mother who’s life and thoughts revolve completely around Archie and what is best for him.
Vinnie is one of those perfect men, we all dream about. He is handsome, kind , and he loves the bones of Grace and indeed Archie. He comes with his own demons to fight, and meeting Grace helps him along with fighting them. You cant help but love him or have a book crush on him. Another wonderful character.
- I loved the story line, I absolutely loved the inspiration and love pouring out of the pages of the book.
- Every character is so very hard not to love. They are all different and overwhelmingly beautiful and lovable in there own way. They all add something special to this story, well except Mark, her ex-husband (But i guess he did add to this story as grace would never have turned back into a amazing gracious butterfly)
- It was a cosy feel-good inspirational light read which kept you flicking and flicking the pages and never wanting the story to end.
- Another new author to watch out for, I cannot wait to read another book by this author.
- Why couldn’t it be longer?
- Oh Why did the story end?
- We need another book involving Grace pretty please. We need more AMAZING GRACE,
Latest posts by Ami@ Reading Though The Pain (see all)
- Hidden By Lisa Sell – Book Review | #bookreview #review @LisaLisax31 @bloodhoundbook - September 6, 2019
- Here To Stay By Mark Edwards – Blog Tour | #blogtour #bookreview #heretostay @mredwards @midaspr @Amazonpub - August 30, 2019
- Where The Snow Bleeds by Wendy Dranfield | Blog Tour #review #blogtour #bookreview@WendyDranfield @Rubyfiction @rararesources - August 29, 2019
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- Reading Challenge 2019